Sunday, May 27, 2012

Marimba Jams!

It was that time of year again! Marimba concert time! The 4th and 5th grade classes as well as the performance bands helped our Educators Association raise scholarship money by performing some rockin' marimba music! We started the evening with a chili feed and then followed with the concert.  In the end we raised over $1000 to give high school seniors! Needless to say, I'm always incredibly proud of my students for having the courage to play in front of such a large crowd, and I admire their seriousness and dedication to the project! They ROCK!

Two 5th graders that I will miss having in class next fall. 

A former student paying great attention to the instructor. 

These three were so focused during their performance, I loved watching them. 

My wonderful kiddos with their concentration going.

Watching their instruments carefully, wanting to play well! 

I have students in the JV performance band too!

This little guy has his groove on! 

Don't they look so lovely and like they desperately want to played?

Coordinated wrist action. 


No comments:

Post a Comment