Monday, February 28, 2011

Get Your Groove On!

Thanks entirely to a former 4th grade teacher, the 4th and 5th graders at our school have the amazing opportunity to learn how to play the marimbas! My class just finished their 18 weeks of fun at the end of January. To cap off their lessons, my class and a 5th grade class performed for the school! I was SO incredibly proud of my students, so much so that parents commented on the huge smile that covered my face during their entire performance! Here are some pictures from their last day in marimba class! I wish I could post all 30-40 pictures but that would take an extremely long time, but let me stress one last time that I am the proudest teacher on the face of the Earth!!!

This marimba is 5 feet tall! The box is so the students can reach the mallets.



So serious!

Such a ham!

Smirking at his teacher because she's sticking a camera in his face while concentrating...

Jammin'!



Total concentration, like using scissors, mouth open, tongue sticking out...

Fourth grade ROCKSTARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment