Saturday, December 22, 2012

'Tis the Season (Part Four)

Is it strange that one of my absolute favorite parts of the Christmas season is wrapping presents??? I love giving gifts to people, but they have to be wrapped just so. Go figure. Every year I coordinate all of my gifts and make them match. 

This year I found the cutest item at my favorite store, Vintage Hardware. For ten cents, I acquired an old printing press metal stamp featuring a reindeer and tree! Not meant to be a craft stamp, but it works!


I used chocolate brown or bright red ink to add the stamp to each name tag. The color of stamp determined the color of string that I used to tie up the gifts. Red stamp = red string, brown stamp = brown string. 



Of course I had to have a theme! In good holiday spirit, I chose "Brown paper packages tied up with string," a lyric from the song "Favorite Things" sung by Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music. Initially I planned on stamping the words in place, but after completing the first present, I realized that I just didn't have the time! Note to self: Find a stamp or order a custom one with the phrase as a whole. 
I chose to use a bright red pen to simply ink the phrase onto each package.  It is a good thing that I teach cursive, my practiced penmanship held up to the test!


The final product is a group of simple yet festive holiday packages for joyous gift giving!


1 comment: