Discovered a fun and simple spring project, button bouquets! This project takes little skill and few supplies, bonus! It takes approximately 3-5 minutes for each flower.
1. Buttons, assorted colors and sizes
2. Felt scraps, assorted colors (The original project recommends getting precut felt flowers, but I spent $1 on felt which is probably a lot less expensive than precut.)
3. Craft floral wire
4. Wire cutters
5. Small clay pot
6. Florist foam
7. Spanish moss
1. Place florist foam into pot, trim if necessary
2. Cut pieces of florist wires into 3 lengths, 12", 14", and 15"
3. Draw flower design on squares of felt, create different sizes for variety
4. Set up groups of buttons and felt flowers in an order of your choosing
5. Fold the floral wire in half in a U-shape
6. String buttons and felt starting with the top of the flower first through the button holes
7. Twist the wires when done stringing, thus forming the stem for your flower
8. Place into the florist foam/pot then cover the top of the foam
I chose not to spend money on the pot, moss, and foam so I used crinkle cut basket paper that we owned, a small vase, and a piece of sponge! I gently wrapped the sponge in the crinkle paper so it is hidden. If I was smart, I would have bought a cheap, green sponge, but all we had pre-purchased was purple! OOPS! :)
These would make great package ties! I also thought they would make cute Valentine's or May Day gifts, just add a quick tag with your message on it! They would also make cute favors for an event. Enjoy!