Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Swimming with Fishies!

This year, my first year of teaching, I immediately threw myself into the position.  Teachers were talking about how our students needed swimming lessons and they just never came through. Being that 4th grade is the general year that students in Clatsop County do lessons through schools, I volunteered to take on writing a grant to the Schools Foundation in order to fund this awesome opportunity for our kids. Thankfully, the Foundation approved my grant for close to $2500! My class started their two weeks of daily lessons on March 7th and will wrap up on Friday the 18th. I can truly say that my students LOVE having the chance to visit the Astoria Aquatic Center and learn the basics of swimming techniques. And I am thrilled because, first and foremost, it is a lifesaving skill, and secondly, swimming is healthy and fun! I took the opportunity to snap some photos today while the students worked in their leveled groups. I hope you enjoy!!!









PS: Be looking for the article in the Daily Astorian! Hopefully appearing sometime this week, if not early next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment